Monday, March 29, 2010

Bonus Bar 1 - Grumpy's Montreal

I had a lot of time to kill before my bus was to leave at 11pm so what better way to kill time than at a bar. Something about a bar named Grumpy's that attracted me. On this Sunday after noon it was quite dead. I was the only one in the bar for most of the time I was there. Which was fine with me I had some good conversations with the bartender named Gern from everything from Health Care to music to Montreal's shadier history. The bar itself is a little divey which I like but the toilet was a little shaky I thought it might topple over. The bar prides it self in serving mostly local beers. I went with the McAuslan Cream Ale which was a very nice smooth ale good for afternoon drinking. The McAuslan brewery brews the Moosehead and Carlsberg for the Quebec area but don't hold the brewing of Moosehead against them the Cream Ale is damn tasty. I will be putting this place in my rotation of places I must visit when ever I am in town.

Bonus Photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment