Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bar 3 The James Gate


On a beautiful March Saturday afternoon thought it would be a good day to check out the Arnold Arboretum in Jamaica Plain. I can't not go to Jamaica Plain without stopping at my old stomping grounds the James Gate. I used to live up the street from this bar and went here more than one should. All the bartenders that worked there when I lived in the neighborhood have all moved on but the place is still the same especially the fries. The best french fries in the city. The one negative I can say about the place is it can get pretty yuppy on Friday evenings but the weekend afternoons are great. This is also my favorite place to be during a snow storm. They have a real nice fire place that then actually encourage the patrons to keep it going. Beer & you let me play with fire? WIN! The beer this afternoon was the Harpoon Celtic ale. Which is an Irish Red ale similar to Smithwicks but not quite as good. I don't make it back to JP as much as I used to but always a treat stopping at the James Gate.

BONUS PHOTOS!


1 comment:

  1. I love the exposed beams and the rich colors. It's all very inviting!

    ReplyDelete